Saturday, April 7, 2007

What Lies Beneath...

We meet many persons in our lives.. & each person we meet, we get a first impression about that person.. & through situations with that person & this person's behavior, our brain starts to build a full picture for his character.. & upon this picture, we base our judgment on that person.. Is he good? kind? gentle?? boring? ... & moooore..

But, the question is.. Is that enough to judge a person through situations u see that person in or through this person's behavior??
well, the answer in my opinion is "No"..

Through situations in my life, I learned not to judge someone except after knowing -wt I call- "What Lies Beneath"..
Every person in Life has his own problems, situations he's been through that affected his behavior, responsibilities... etc... Every person u meet has sth "Hidden" Lying beneath that body u see, It's sth lying there inside his soul, his heart & his thoughts... This sth influences him in how he acts, how he sees people & even how he forms his attitude towards life..
so whenever someone acts strangely or unkindly or any other behavior you think its non-acceptable, don't ever judge that person except after u know "What lies beneath".. or at least give the probability that there's sth that influenced that behavior..
Sometimes when we know those things, our judgment upon those persons is changed extremely... maybe from anger to understanding.. from hatred to love.. from tough attitude to pity...& more of those "extremes"..

I will just like to end with this sentence..

جعفر بن محمد قال: إذا بلغك عن أخيك الشيء تنكره فالتمس له عذرا واحدا إلى سبعين عذرا، فإن أصبته، وإلا، قل لعل له عذرا لا أعرفه.

3 comments:

Yasmine Ahmed said...

Nice post Roaa,
I want to tell you sth, people are not so kind to give the others 70 excuses,but I know they should do.
And it is so difficult to understand a personality.
So wise people only who don't judge others from the first impression.

men al wade7 anik aktashafty sha7'seyet 7ad konty fehmah 3'alat 2orayeb..yatara meen?

Abdelrhman Essam said...

when I know some one, for the first time .. I leave it to my sense. as I consider my self a sensible man :). but I don't believe in the first impression at all ... it may be helpful but it is not the only point we use to know this new person .. but some times you don't need more than just one eye contact with this person to know all about him !! I would like to end with this sentence ..
عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه قال: الأرواح جنود مجندة ما تعارف منها ائتلف وما تناكر منها اختلف

Asmaa Magdi said...

Nice post RoRo (Y).
I felt every word. aslan ma7adesh ye2dar ye3raf "What lies beneath" ella el best friends (we da beykoon 3'aleban after judging ppl and having the wrong impression about them).

Nice post tany :D